This first step is for setting up a WiFi hotspot using
your Window 7 PC or Tablet.
I. Setup your Windows 7 Wireless Host
1. In the Preferences Tab in Evolution 9.0g
click on Start [WiFi Host Network]
2. Press [Start WiFi Host Network]
you don't have this option, press [Web Support/Update] in
the TurboStats Main Menu to download the 9.0g version)
3. This will launch the program HostNet.exe
(Note: if User Account Controls are turned on you have
to set the file c:\basket\HostNet.exe
to Run as Administrator by right clicking on HostNet.exe,
choosing Properties >Compatibility
If the Host is started correctly you will
see Initializing... then the new Network in the Network and
Sharing Center of the Control Panel.
Note: if your new Wireless Network
Connection 2 does not appear. You must start c:\basket\HostNet.exe
with RUN as ADMINISTRATOR or turn off UAC
Connect your Media tablet or second PC to
your new WiFi network
II. Setup Remote Desktop Streamer to Broadcast your Windows Desktop and TurboStats to secondary device for viewing and score assisting.
1. Download Splashtop Streamer on your Windows PC click here to download Streamer
2. Launch the Streamer (Start>Programs>Splashtop Remote> Splashtop Streamer)
3. Enter a Password for your Streamer Session (This can be different than the WiFi Password above)
4. Install the Splashtop Remote Desktop App to your Tablet, Phone or second Windows Tablet click here to download remote desktop
5. Start the Splashtop Remote Desktop App on your Tablet
6. Click the far right Arrow and pick
Advanced and set the Resolution
If you will be scoring on the Host PC
7. Select the Network PC running the Streamer. In this example TurboSlate and your Tablet/Phone Display will mirror the PC
Splash provides a Free Remote Desktop app you can use to connect two HP Slates or similar Tablets.