Setting Up Palm OS Hot syncing with Windows 7 or Vista
If you are running Windows 7 or Vista 64bit software the CD will not
work. Follow these steps to get Hotsyncing running again.
Setup the Palm Desktop for Windows 7 & Vista following these
- If you have already loaded the old Palm Desktop software, remove it using
the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.
Then select the Palm Desktop. After the old desktop is uninstalled,
reboot your computer.
- Download and install the Vista/Windows 7 Compatible Palm
Desktop Software from Palm's Website. > Download
Palm Desktop 6.2 If you have any problems visit the palm
support site Palm
Desktop Product Support
- If you have Windows 7 32 bit you should be able to Hotsync now. If
you have 64 bit then continue.
Setup the 64bit driver following these instructions:
- Download and install the 64 bit driver click here>> Aceeca
64 Bit Drivers (press SAVE not OPEN and save zip file
to your desktop or other folder)
- Right click on the zip file you downloaded and press Unpack ("Extract" or "unzip") the Aceeca
Remember the location of this folder you unpacked them to as you will be
needing it later on in this install routine.
- Try to HotSync your device. It will fail.
- Open the Device Manager (click Start and type in "Device", then
run the Device manager)
- In the Device Manager look for the Yellow Triangle next to Palm Device
under "Other devices".
- Right-click on the device, and choose "Update Driver Software".
- Choose "Browse My Computer for Software" and direct it to the
Aceeca folder you unpacked the drivers to.
- Choose "Next" at the driver file location window, and then tell
it to "Always trust software from Aceeca Ltd." then click the
- You may receive an error message "The drivers were installed
but the device couldn't be opened."
- Now, press the Hotsync button and it should work!
- If you have any problems visit the Aceeca
Optional: Setup the Bluetooth wireless Hotsync (if your PDA and
Computer have Bluetooth) following these instructions: